Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Time To Reflect

This summer has been a whirlwind of activity that makes me stop and smile and gives me one more chance to do what I feel is one of my greatest callings in life. Being a mom. It started with me moving my two youngest sons home from their University life back in May. It was amazing to me the amount of "stuff" they brought home that quickly filled my entry way, living room and trailed into the kitchen. It took us several days to sort and put away all their treasures. The laundry overfilled the hampers and I swear they did not do it the entire ten months they were away. Extra bedding that did not fit any of our beds was cleaned and stored with promises of use in the future.
The quiet of the house was filled with music, laughter and friends. The beverage glasses in the sink, the toothpaste left out, the messy bedrooms and the never ending piles of dirty clothes make my heart sing.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! Welcome back! So when are they going back to Uni?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if I send you our laundry will your heart sing an opera? Glad they are back. Your house was way to quiet.

    ReplyDelete